Position Opening for: Financial Analyst/Accountant
Position Summary: The Financial Analyst/Accountant plays a role in all financial aspects of the company and is responsible for providing data/metrics/analytics to ensure that the company is maximizing the return on financial assets. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The Financial Analyst/Accountant works with both cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and risk management. This position will play a role in ensuring that processes and procedures and both in place and followed appropriately.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: These duties can be performed with or without an accommodation
- Actively supports the vision and values of FLPP demonstrating commitment to continuous improvement, teamwork, respect, open communication, trust and accountability.
- Forms a close working relationship, establishing a high level of credibility with other managers in the company; external parties, consultants, customers and advisors.
- Contributes to the development of the company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate.
- Provides financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, compiling, interpreting and reporting key financial data, KPI’s and metrics.
- Regularly conducts ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company to establish areas of potential operational improvement and oversight.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Ensures that the company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth. Keeps up to date on information and technology to increase innovation and ensure compliance
- Maintains subsidiary and general ledger accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions in an accurate and timely manner, per standards.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing detailed account information.
- Reconciles Binders: manages balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Responds to all inquiries regarding accounting. Conducts research and assists in interpreting accounting policies and procedures.
- Responds to all inquiries in a responsive manner: follows up as needed.
- Maintains a safety first work ethic.
- Performs other duties, special projects or requests as assigned.
- Business Acumen, Expertise – Financial Management
- Leadership – Developing Others
- Strategic Thinking
- Analytical skills
- Decision Making – Problem Solving
- Interpersonal / Excellent communication Skills
- Technical Capacity – Strong IT skills
- Stress Management
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in a financial/accounting role, preferred
- Process focused
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an inquiring mind
Interested parties can send resumes to: employment@FLPPLake.com
Or mail to: Employment, FLPP
142 Lake Street
Penn Yan, NY
Most positions require a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle. All positions require a flexible schedule to accommodate the hospitality industry (including holidays and weekends). All candidates must have a motivated, honest work ethic.
Background checks are performed on qualified candidates.
FLPP offers a competitive rate of pay, comprehensive benefits package, along with growth and promotion opportunities. Compensation commensurate with experience.
As the leading property management company in the region, we out perform competitors by providing excellence in accommodations and services.
- Dedication - We dedicate unwavering commitment to our customers, community, company and each other.
- Success - Our success is defined by the deliberate actions we take to provide unsurpassed premier care to our customers sustain high employee morale, increase profits and promote our professional development.
- Integrity - Our decisions and actions are derived from honest intentions, high ethical standards and the fulfillment of our commitments.
- Excellence - We consistently deliver premier services efficiently while continuously striving to improve.
- Environment - We acknowledge that the natural beauty of the Finger Lakes Region allows us to exist and, therefore, we cherish and protect our lakes and our lands.
Interested parties send a letter of interest and resume to: employment@FLPPLake.com, or Employment, FLPP, 142 Lake St., Penn Yan, 14527.
FLPP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Important Notice to Applicants
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLPP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Application Fraud & Misrepresentation
By applying for a job with FLPP you certify that all statements made on any and all material collected during the hiring process are true, complete and accurate and understand that misrepresentation or omission of facts called for in the employment application, resume, interview process or other application material may prohibit consideration for employment at FLPP and is cause for immediate termination if employed.
Reference and Background Checking
Applying for a specific job authorizes FLPP to contact your schools, your current and former employers, or other references for the purpose of verifying information and/or obtaining an account of your education, work experience and skills. By applying for a job you agree to hold any and all of your reference sources harmless and free of any liability for releasing such information.
Employment Eligibility Verification
All offers of employment by FLPP are contingent on the provision of satisfactory proof of your identity and legal authority to work in the United States. Prior to or on your first day of employment, you must comply with the requirements of the Immigration and Naturalization Service’s Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form).
Offers of Employment
Please be advised that FLPP will not be bound by offers or conditions of employment other than those made in official offer letters.