Finger Lakes New York
Finger Lakes Experience
If you've been to New York's Finger Lakes before, then you may have already relaxed on a boat or by the shore of one of our pristine lakes, visited one of our world-class wineries, played one of our championship golf courses, shopped in one of our quaint towns, and dined at one of our lakeside restaurants. You already know that the Finger Lakes is a year-round destination filled with activities for all ages. You may even have chosen one of our quality Finger Lakes vacation rentals as your home during your visit. If so, we welcome you back.
If you're new to the Finger Lakes NY, we invite you to browse our destination information and discover the breathtaking scenery, water, wineries and charm of this region. We offer a wide range of vacation rental homes of various styles and rates to suit your taste and your budget, from cozy cabins and cottages, to upscale, luxury vacation rentals. Whether you're coming for a weekend, a month, or for the season, we are easy to get to, and have a place that will make you feel right at home in the Finger Lakes!
Year Round Destination
The Finger Lakes region in Central New York State offers recreation and relaxation year-round. If you prefer the natural scenic backdrop provided by the pristine lakes and gentle rolling hillsides, or you're the adventurous type that likes to hit the trails or the slopes, and feel the wind in your sails out on the water, you won't be disappointed by all that the Finger Lakes have to offer.
With the largest selection of Finger Lakes rental vacation homes to choose from, Finger Lakes Premier Properties has the place you want to call home during your stay, and we can help you plan your activities while you are here. If boating, swimming, water skiing, and golf are what you love, the summer months are perfect for that. There is also fishing, hiking, biking, canoeing and kayaking, which are beautiful in the spring on and around the lakes. Fall is a great time for scenic drives, antique shopping, craft fairs and festivals, and farm markets galore. In winter you can enjoy downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and ice fishing.
No matter how you spend your days, we are confident that you will find our laid-back atmosphere relaxing, and the charm of our small towns inviting. You'll want to return very soon. So give us a call and let us help you plan your next Finger Lakes vacation adventure, at 888-414-5253.
Things to Bring on Your Finger Lakes Vacation
- Sunscreen, lip protection & Aloe Vera. These are both important to protect you from the sun, so you can enjoy your stay. Sunscreen is recommended to be SPF 30 or higher and waterproof. If you do get sunburned, Aloe Vera is highly recommended to help heal your skin.
- Insect repellent and hand sanitizer. Whether you’re sitting around a campfire or eating dinner outdoors, sometimes the bugs can be a challenge, so bring the bug spray. Hand sanitizer comes in handy before grabbing a bite to eat or after being outside for most of the day.
- A cooler. While enjoying a boat ride on a hot summer’s day, you might want a cold beverage, so bringing a cooler is recommended. Be sure to stock up on plenty of water.
- A sandwich bag with rice in it. If you accidently drop your cell phone in the lake, don’t panic; there MAY still be hope! Retrieve the phone as quickly as you can, remove the battery (iPhones excluded), and put the phone and the battery in the bag of rice for at least 24 hours. The rice acts as an absorbent and pulls the moisture out of the phone and battery.
- Camera and travel journal. You’ll want something to capture and record some of your best moments on your vacation with us.
- Laundry Supplies. If your home has a washer and dryer, you may consider bringing the supplies necessary to wash your clothes. We recommend high efficiency detergent.
- Water shoes. The rock bottom of the lake contains some mussels that could cut your feet, so you wouldn’t want to go in barefoot. Crocs® are an excellent alternative.
- Medicine. You want to be prepared in case any allergies kick in. (Please note that any prescription medications that are left behind CANNOT be returned! Be sure you remember to take them home with you!)
- First aid kit. This might include band aids, anti-itch cream, bandages, and other medical supplies, just in case.
- A light sweatshirt. You might need this if you are outdoors at night watching the sunset and the moon rise.
- A hat and/or umbrella. It will come in handy on a warm summer’s day to keep you in the shade.
- Hiking shoes. There are several hiking trails in the areas around the Finger Lakes, so be prepared for any adventure!
- Spare batteries. You never know if you’ll need them for your camera, household items, alarm clock, etc.
- Swimming gear, such as snorkeling equipment (goggles, flippers, snorkel, etc). There are all kinds of interesting fish that might be worth exploring, while on your lovely vacation.
- Fishing gear. Fishing can be a very fun activity during your stay. New York State does require you to have a Fishing License. To learn more visit, http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/6091.html/.
- Toiletries. Always be sure to have your shampoo, deodorant, soap, razors, toothbrush, etc. for a trip to the lake.
- A blanket. You may want a blanket for an afternoon picnic or for star gazing.
- Chargers for all your electronics. This might include chargers for your cell phone, portable DVD player, laptop, etc.
- If you wear glasses or contacts, be sure to bring the essential items necessary. There’s nothing worse than a tear in a contact lens or broken glasses and not being able to enjoy yourself!
- Addresses of friends and family. You may want to send them a fun postcard!
- Even though it is not technically "the beach." It's still a good idea to bring a few beach towels with you.
Finger Lakes Premier Properties does provide you with a starter kit, so your first stop isn’t the grocery store. This includes 2 rolls of toilet paper, 1 roll of paper towels, a few dishwasher tablets, soap bar, and dish soap.