Celebrate holiday in a winter wonderland! During the colder months, the Finger Lakes region in upstate New York transforms into an idyllic snowy paradise. There are few places better to enjoy this festive season than our cozy region. Discover the best ways to enjoy this special time of year with the best Finger Lakes Christmas events! Download our free Vacation Guide for a full list of events in the region.
Small Business Saturday is November 27! Change up your shopping routine this year and support your favorite local Finger Lakes businesses. Our small town shops are full of handcrafted goods, unique art, and highly personal gifts for anyone on your list – especially the Finger Lakes fan in your life!
Here are a few promos and events you won’t want to miss this Small Business Saturday:Continue reading Shop Small Business in the Finger Lakes
What is one of the top advantages of staying in a vacation rental? The kitchen! Our homes come with all of the appliances you’ll need to create a delicious vacation in the Finger Lakes. From pots and pans to the dishware, our kitchens are ready for you to cook, bake, and grill away. Oh… except for the food! Get the full scoop on Finger Lakes grocery delivery services below.
Grocery Delivery & Curbside Pickup Options
When you stay in the Finger Lakes there are options for getting groceries without stepping into a local store. We’ve provided some Finger Lakes grocery delivery resources below depending on where you are staying in the region:
- Delivery – Instacart
- Delivery – Instacart
- Curbside Pickup – Canandaigua Wegmans, Tops, Aldi’s, Walmart; (South) Rennoldson’s Market
- Delivery – Instacart, (Ithaca) Shipt, (Ithaca) GreenStar Food Co+op
- Curbside Pickup – (North) Waterloo Tops, Waterloo Walmart, Auburn Wegmans, Auburn Walmart; (South) Ithaca Wegmans, Tops, Target, Aldi’s, Anabel’s Grocery, Green Star Food Co+op
Roadside Stands: Throughout our region you’ll see roadside stands offering fresh seasonal vegetables, fruits, eggs, or sometimes even baked goods. Be sure to have cash on hand to drop into their honor-system registers.
Dining Curbside Pickup
In addition, most restaurants, wineries, and breweries provide curb-side pickup. If you have a favorite venue from a past trip, we highly recommend calling them ahead and ordering takeout to enjoy in the comfort of your vacation rental.
If you’re a first-time visitor, here are some links to help you find restaurant options near your rental:
- Restaurants: Click here for our interactive map to help you find nearby restaurants to your rental. Please call ahead for information on their curbside offerings.
- Wineries, Breweries, and Distilleries: In New York State beer is sold in groceries stores but wine and liquor are not. Click here for our interactive map to help you find nearby venues to your rental. Please call ahead for information on their curbside offerings.
Tips for Cooking at Your Rental
If this is the first time staying with us, welcome! But there are some tips for planning the ultimate vacation in a Finger Lakes Premier Property:
- Meal planning is EXTREMELY helpful! Grocery stores are not around every corner in our region. Make sure you have every ingredient (including spices and condiments) on your list or packed to bring. We do provide a sealed spice shaker for every reservation that includes salt, pepper, garlic salt, cayenne, curry, and paprika.
- Yes, we provide cooking utensils, pots, pans, bakeware, and grilling utensils. However, if there are certain kitchen tools or utensils that are must-haves for the chef in your family, bring them along!
- In our kitchen welcome bag we provide: 1 roll of paper towels, 2 washable dish towels, 1 small bottle of dish detergent, 1 sponge, 2 dishwasher tabs, and 1 box of laundry detergent. If you think you will need more than this, depending on the length of your stay, please plan accordingly.
- Staying in a pet friendly rental? Don’t forget the dog food and water bowl!
For those who are still planning their next vacation in the Finger Lakes Region of Upstate New York, click here to begin your search for the perfect home to host your next vacation.
If you need assistance with finding the right home for your next trip, contact our local vacation planners who would be happy to assist you by calling 888-414-5253 and pressing option 1.
We know how to have fun in any season here in the Finger Lakes! From snow to falling leaves to gorgeous, sunshiny days, we have beautiful views and lots to do no matter the weather. But if you experience a dreary day during your vacation, don’t fret – we have some tips for making the best of a rainy day, at least until the sun comes back out!
The Finger Lakes are rich in history. We have the birthplace of the Women’s Rights Movement, Underground Railroad historic sites, Native American culture, and so much more! In addition, the region is home to some fantastic family- friendly science museums that blend education with involvement. Here are a few of our favorites:
Malls offer an easy solution to cabin fever. We have malls that can cater to any shopping preferences, from high-end shops at Eastview Mall to outlet bargains at Waterloo Premium Outlets. If you’re looking for a more local shopping experience we suggest:
You can taste your way through the Finger Lakes, rain or shine! From award winning wine and beer to sweet treats and cheeses, there’s tasting adventure for everyone to embark on. Check out:
Our local communities are host to numerous bowling alleys, movie theaters, libraries, and more to explore. They’re ready to welcome you on even the dreariest days! For those who just want to have fun, here are some kid-friendly and adults-only ways to play in the Finger Lakes:
We’ve prepared for this! Most of our homes are well-equipped with streaming services, movies collections, board games, billiards, cooking supplies, and more to make staying in just as fun as heading outside. Cuddle up for a movie night, cook a meal together, or enjoy a glass of wine and watch the rain from a covered porch.
Our local reservation agents are experts on making the most of your Finger Lakes vacation, even on rainy days. For more tips and activities, call (844) 359-5317 now!
Mother’s Day is fast approaching! Whether you’re looking for a way to spend the day with mom or just looking for gift ideas, we have your back with the ultimate guide to Finger Lakes shopping.
Best FLX Shopping Destinations
- The Windmill: The first and friendliest farm and craft market in Upstate NY! You’ll have to stop in on Saturday to shop nearly 200 local producers and craftsmen. Treat mom to lunch in their mini pine tree forest! Plan your visit…
- The Ithaca Commons: This four-block, pedestrian-only district in Downtown Ithaca offers a unique and multi-cultural shopping experience. Home to popular festivals, annual events, street art, award-winning restaurants, and shops that are far from mainstream, you’ll love spending the day in the eclectic heart of the city! Plan your visit…
- Downtown Canandaigua: Unique treasures await you in Canandaigua’s antique and collectible stores, some of the best in the region. You’ll also love popping in and out of the many gift stores, clothing boutiques, and home good shops lining the walkable streets of downtown. Plan your visit…
- Mackenzie-Childs: Even if you’ve been been to Aurora, NY, you’ve probably seen their signature courtly check! MacKenzie-Childs crafts world-renowned home furnishings and ceramics on a tranquil farm overlooking Cayuga Lake. Schedule a tour of the grounds and shop their colorful, handmade goods – a day here is sure to spark joy for mom! Plan your visit…
- Downtown Geneva: This lakeside city offers a “uniquely urban” shopping experience. The streets are lined with quirky college cafes, bookstores, gift shops, and dining options. Be sure to stop into the new Finger Lakes Welcome Center for area information and to take a photo with the I <3 NY sign! Plan your visit…
Best Wineries for Shopping
These tastings rooms sell far more than wine! Sip while you shop for hidden treasures and wine related gifts. We recommend:
- Montezuma Winery
- Bully Hill Vineyards
- Wagner Vineyards
- Varick Winery
- Three Brothers Wineries & Estates
- Inspire Moore Winery
Closest Shopping Malls
Staying at one of our vacation rentals for Mother’s Day weekend? Here are the closest malls for a more traditional shopping experience:
Best FLX Gift Shops:
Is mom the ultimate Finger Lakes fan? Shop for handmade goods and FLX swag that you can’t find anywhere else at these local businesses:
- Finger Lakes Gifts & Lounge – Geneva, NY
- Staving Artist Woodwork – Penn Yan, NY
- Hector Handmade Gifts – Hector, NY
- Artizanns – Canandaigua, Naples, Bristol Hills, NY
- The Nest Egg – Penn Yan, NY
- Browsers – Hammondsport, NY
Looking to gift an experience instead?
We suggest a stay in one our luxury, lakeside vacation rentals and treating mom to one or all of these amazing Finger Lakes experiences during your stay:
- NY Kitchen cooking class
- A private sailing charter with Schooner Excursions
- A hot air balloon ride through Letchworth State Park
- Themed Wine Tour through Experience! Finger Lakes
- A Day at the Women’s Rights National Historical Park and Women’s Hall of Fame in Seneca Falls
Make the weekend memorable for mom! Our local vacation planners can provide you with tips on where stay while you shop at any of these Finger Lakes destinations. Call 866-344-7787 today!
During your stay in the Finger Lakes region, you may get inspired by the amazing local restaurants, wineries, and farms and want to create a feast of your own. If you’re staying in one of our vacation homes, you’ll have access to a gourmet kitchen with everything you need to whip up a delicious dinner in no time at all. The first step to creating the meal of a lifetime is getting the ingredients. Check out our picks for some of the best Finger Lakes farmers markets.
If you’re looking for antique stores near the Finger Lakes, you’re in luck! There are plenty of great options from which to choose. Whether you’re looking for a souvenir for the antique-lover in your life or you’re on the hunt for a beautiful piece to adorn your home, you’re sure to find something interesting and beautiful. No matter which lake you’re staying near, you’ll be able to browse through some great Finger Lakes antiques!
Find the Best Finger Lakes Antiques at These Stores
Bloomfield Antique Mile
One of our favorite Finger Lakes antique trails is the Bloomfield Antique Mile. Located in Bloomfield, NY, the Bloomfield Antique Mile features seven permanent stores that showcase antiques from more than 175 dealers. You’ll find everything from rare books to antique firearms. Exploring the Bloomfield Antique Mile is a great day trip for anyone staying along the Canandaigua or Honeoye Lake.
Crossroads Antiques of Lima
One of the best Finger Lakes antique malls is Crossroads Antiques of Lima. While it may be a bit of a drive from the lakes, it’s definitely worth it. The mall features over 50 dealers in the 7,000 square-foot building. This is a great place to find antique jewelry or vintage clothing. If you’re searching for the perfect gift for that rare book lover, be sure to stop by. Not sure what you’re browsing for? With so many amazing dealers and such a wide selection, you’re sure to find something exciting and new-to-you!
If you’re staying along Cayuga Lake, you’ll definitely want to stop by Pastimes Antiques. Open since 1979, this small shop is jam-packed with fun and affordable items. They’re centrally located in downtown Ithaca, making this a great stop during a day trip to the town. This is one of our favorite antique stores in the Finger Lakes region. Find out why after just one visit!
Another great antique shop near Cayuga Lake is Ponzi’s Antiques. This store has been in operation for over 40 years and is owned by Paul and Connie Polce. They boast a large selection of 18th and 190th-century furniture and accessories, as well as artwork, glassware, folk art, whale-oil lamps, clocks, and more! Get a full look at all they have to offer in their showroom.
Stay with Finger Lakes Premier Properties
Are you ready to find some incredible Finger Lake antiques? The first step is to book a home with Finger Lakes Premier Properties. We have beautiful rental properties located on the shores of seven lakes in the region. With our incredible, 24-hour customer service and superior home maintenance, it’s easy to see why so many visitors keep coming back!
Browse our full selection of rental homes and book today! We look forward to having you.