Spring is often overlooked as a time to visit the Finger Lakes, but for many travelers it’s the perfect way to cure cabin fever lingering from the long winter months. These Finger Lakes spring activities are some of our favorite events of the year. Such as planning a wine tour, fishing excursion or weekend getaway with fewer crowds, lower rates, and taking advantage of our 3for2 Discounts. Our vacation rentals still feature the same great views and gorgeous sunsets, and are often equipped with cool weather activities, like game rooms and hot tubs.
In addition to spending quality time at your lakeside rental, here are some favorite Spring Activities the Finger Lakes is sought after for.
Immerse in the FLX Culture
Enjoy live music, cooking demonstrations, food, wine, and so much more from local vendors and artisans! Before you head out the door, make sure to check out our complimentary Vacation Guide. It’s jam-packed with fantastic restaurants, outdoor recreation, and things to do in the Finger Lakes region of New York.
- Celebrate Commemorate Festival – May 23rd 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm. Celebrate the birth of Memorial Day at it’s birth place in Waterloo, NY.
- Keuka Arts Festival – June 13th & 14th. Stroll along the Outlet Trail in Penn Yan and browse the local artisans and vendors selling local handmade art from the Finger Lakes.
Wine Trail Events
The Finger Lakes Wine Trail’s hosts a number of unique food and wine pairing events throughout the year. This is a great way to “dip your toe in the water” and see what the Finger Lakes wine region is all about.
Keuka Lake Wine Trail
Taste of the Trail – April 4th. Each winery prepares a favorite food item to enjoy alongside their wines. Collect recipes for these creative wine and food pairings and recreate them at home with your family and friends.
Keuka in Bloom – May 2-3 and May 30-31. Flowers, herbs, wine and Keuka Lake! Treat yourself to a relaxing weekend around the lake. Each winery offers samples of their fine wines alongside herb-inspired foods.
Seneca Lake Wine Trail
Spring wine and Cheese Weekend – April 17-19. Enjoy a self-guided tour around beautiful Seneca Lake while exploring the unique, delicious pairings of local wines paired with a variety of cheese-themed dishes at any of the 26 participating Seneca Lake Wine Trail wineries!
NEW! Flights and Bites – May 2nd.Flights and Bites is an experience designed for those who are looking to truly immerse themselves in the wine, food, and people who represent Seneca Lake. If you love red carpet treatment, if you love great wine and great food – this event is for you!
Cayuga Lake Wine Trail
28th Annual Wine & Herb Event April 24-26 and May 1-3. Drink. Eat. Garden. Repeat. Get a head start on your herb garden. Collect the potted herbs and veggies featured in all 14 food samples along with the matching recipe collection.
Sips & Succulents: a breast cancer benefit May 30-31. A portion of each ticket sale will be presented to the Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund, which makes drinking wine all that much sweeter. Now that I’ve got your attention, let’s discuss the event itself: Succulents! They’re all the rage right now and even those with a “black thumb” are able to care for and enjoy these little cuties, so purchase your tickets and travel the trail while you collect a different potted succulent at each winery you visit.
April and May offer the perfect conditions to fish for perch, walleye, rainbow trout, brown trout and northern pike on all of the Finger Lakes, our fisheries are stocked full.
- Cashion – Conesus Lake – May 9th – 6 am -2 pm.
- 56th Annual National Lake Trout Derby – Seneca Lake – May 23rd – 25th – 5 am – 12 pm.
- Arcadia Bass Anglers – Keuka Lake – June 20th – 6 am – 2 pm.
If you’re looking for antique stores near the Finger Lakes, you’re in luck! There are plenty of great options from which to choose. Whether you’re looking for a souvenir for the antique-lover in your life or you’re on the hunt for a beautiful piece to adorn your home, you’re sure to find something interesting and beautiful. No matter which lake you’re staying near, you’ll be able to browse through some great Finger Lakes antiques!
- Shethar 57 – After lunch at the Timber Stone Grill walk across the street in Hammondsport to this quaint antique shop.
- Wild Goose Chase Antiques – Perfectly positioned on the Keuka Lake Wine Trail, stop by on your way to your next winery and pick up a historic souvenir to display in your home.
- Hayes Auction Barn – Hayes auction barn is open at 4:00 pm on Saturdays. This bidding war experience will show you the intense love of antiques and collectibles that the locals have for our region. From 100 year old wooden Finger Lakes grape boxes to a piece of Steuben ware all the way to gas memorabilia to wooden cane fishing poles. You will find everything you didn’t know you needed to have at this hole in the wall. $3 and you might just get the piece you bid on.
Hike to Secret Waterfalls
There is so much beauty to discover during your stay in the Finger Lakes region! It’s no wonder one of the favorite local activities is hiking! Discover our favorite parks where you can find some of the best Finger Lakes waterfalls!
Jaw Dropping Waterfalls
- Watkins Glen State Park – Gorgeous shale stairs.
- Taughannock Falls – Perfect for family pictures.
- Buttermilk Falls – Near Cayuga Lake and great picnic spot.
- Grimes Glen – Naples, Near Canandaigua Lake.
- Letchworth State Park – The Grand Canyon of the East.
There’s nothing better after a day of visiting Finger Lakes waterfalls than returning to a gorgeous vacation home. When you book with Finger Lakes Premier Properties, you can rest assured that you’ll be staying in luxurious accommodations with 24/7 customer service.