Fall is the perfect time for vacation rental homeowners to consider upgrades for next summer. It’s the sweet spot between peak season bookings and winterization, where you can actually slow down and take a look at how your home fared during its busiest months.
While our housekeeping and maintenance teams provide routine care for your home, there are always items that experience wear and tear, requiring repair or replacement. Taking a look things in the fall can help you prioritize investments that will increase your bookings for next year.
Here are a few tips for making autumnal upgrades to your vacation rental:
- Shop summer clearance sales to save on big ticket items like BBQ’s and patio furniture. Simply updating seat cushions and outdoor pillows can make all the difference – repeat guests will notice the small upgrades and appreciate your attentiveness to their comfort.
- Take a good look at guest feedback from the summer. If multiple guests address a problem area, it might be in your best interest to focus on that part of the home. This can be a huge task, as there are many different ways to receive reviews. Our Owner Services team can sort through the feedback and make helpful recommendations. Plus, we’ll be sure to follow up with guests and update listings to reflect your efforts.Consider scheduling a complimentary post-season inspection, where we provide a list of suggestions to increase bookings for next year.
- When it comes to larger projects or renovations, start planning early! Do your research, source reliable contractors, and develop a timeline for the work now, so construction doesn’t interfere with next year’s calendar.
Ultimately, our goal is to maximize the income potential of your vacation rental. The best – and easiest – way to increase bookings and demand a higher weekly rate is to make regular updates and improvements to your home. Here are a few more resources to get the ball rolling:
- Increase Bookings with Four Easy Upgrades
- A Case Study on Home Renovation Updates
- Tips for Decorating Your Vacation Rental
- Smart Home Tech Upgrades Guests Will Love
Secure booking for 2020 now by becoming a Premier Partner! Learn more.
If you’re an independent rental owner, we want to know how your peak season went! What were your challenges with guest turnover? Did your home see more wear and tear than you expected?
We’re your local partner in vacation rental management. Call us today to learn more about what we can do to help! 844-573-7255 | Opt. 4